Thursday, August 25, 2005

There is a place ...


This is one of my favorite places in the world - Westminster Presbyterian Church. Our lives have been changed as a result of our decision to attend here.

We have laughed and cried; grown and been challenged. We have also met some incredible people who have left their mark upon us. While there is a danger in beginning to name names, those names who have been so dear to us through the years include - but are not limited to:

Rodney and Liz Stortz
Petros and Jan Roukas
Scott and Kim Parsons
Andy and Dorothy Reibe
Bob and Garnett Rainey
Ralph and Pat Montgomery
Bob and Jayne Kersey
Dan and Marcia Sumner
Jim and Mary Rosema
Wayne and Nancy Grile
David and Paula Tyler
Keith and Elaine Miller
David and Karen Gilliam
Norman Devening
Alan and Linda Miller
Jerry and Carol Mott
Gary and Pam Wangler
and so many others ...

This song by my friend Wayne Grile sums up our thoughts in such and eloquent way.

There is a place

There is a place where I can find comfort
A place where joy is on faces of those gathered there
A place that offers a refuge from life’s troubles
And I can rest in the love of people who care .

Where would I be without such a place?
How would I get along?
The joy I’ve received over all of these years,
I sing in the words of this song.

There is a place where God’s word is honored
A place where the sound of God’s people fill the air
A place where people joyfully serve each other
And reach out into the world to show them Jesus Cares.


Where would I be without such a place?
How would I get along?
The joy I’ve received over all of these years,
I sing in the words of this song.

There is a place….

1 comment:

Wayne Grile said...

Great picture...Great People...GREAT GOD!!!